Tuesday, December 11, 2007

He Reaches Out Through Others

Today I went visiting teaching. Our message this month is Becoming an Instrument in the Hands of God through Charity.
The most interesting thing happened with the second sister we visited. This sister has just had a baby less than a month ago and has recently listed her house on the market. Shortly after we arrived she recieved a phone call from a real estate agent wanting to show her house in a few hours. She told us we would have to cut things short so she could clean and get things ready.
By all means her house was not messy, just the usual daily things we all have to deal with. As visiting teachers we saw this as an opportunity to serve her. It was so nice to put our lesson to use rather than sitting on the couch discussing what we should be doing. I truly felt that my companion was inspired in making our appointments.
This sister really needed our help and there was no way she would have called us and asked us to come do her dishes and make beds for her. I was so grateful to be an instrument in His Hands today.

1 comment:

My name is Andrea said...

Sarah, you are an inspiration to me!